Friday, March 21, 2014

The Perks of Having Talented Friends


After being so stressed about the money that we'll be shedding out, I finally had a chance to cut some of the expenses down.


Back story, a few weeks after Steven and I got engaged, I started looking for venues first. Since we're doing a Christian wedding, church is one less of a worry for us. We never considered a hotel either. 


After researching and reading about a lot of venues, I realized that we also need to consider the catering. It all got mixed up in my head because venues have different accredited caterers and other suppliers too. And if you got a non-accredited caterer, there would be corkage fees which would be another unnecessary expense.


To think that they will increase rates later this year and the next year scares me. We even went down from 200 guests to 70 guests, but ofcourse, we could increase the number of guests if we have to. 


Then after a little bit of research I've learned that couples do prenup and boudoir photoshoots. Which means additional expenses. You have to avail photography services, pay for out of town fees, entrance fees, prenup/boudoir stylists, HMUA and other prenup/boudoir essentials. And since I'm maarte, I want that! Haha! 


I asked Sam Pabalan, my good highschool friend, to be our prenup photographer and my boudoir photographer! ♥ I told her we'll answer her entrance fee to Hidden Valley and her travel expenses. That means we would be saving a lot! She also offered to do my make-up and hair! I love it! Ofcourse, we'll give her something too for being so nice to us! I am so excited! I'd be gathering pegs and concepts soon! As for the styling, I'm pretty sure we can pull it off even without a stylist! *crossfingers* 


I am confident that she can make me beautiful and make the photos beautiful! Here are some of her works! :) [Note: They are taken from her personal facebook account]













I also talked to some of my friends who uses DSLR and that I know are talented enough to be our back-up photographer on our wedding day! Hi to my HS friends, Jomar and Tony! I would let them shoot before the wedding, during the ceremony and cocktail hour. But I'd let them rest during the reception and be one of our dear guests. It's up to them if they still want to shoot during the reception! I'm so glad!!

We're still going to avail photography services from professionals. We're eyeing a couple of photographers that suits our taste, but for now, I just have to wait till we get to book our venue and other  suppliers! 







No comments:

Post a Comment