Tuesday, April 8, 2014

1st Couturier Meeting - Maureen Reeca Cruz Haute Couture



I was a little nervous when I went to Ate Ecah's shop since this was my first meeting with a couturier. I already inquired about her starting price for a bridal gown and she qouted me 35k for this kind of gown with minimal beading.



She also told me that she makes transformer gowns and gave me sample pictures like this







Pretty awesome right?! 

When I went to her shop, she was all smiles that made me feel comfortable. She said that I am young, (which is indeed true) and I feel a little off about it but it's okay haha! We started talking about the styles I wanted, I gave her some of my pegs and she analyzed if it was okay for my body.

This is the first one that I showed to her:



She told me that it's a really nice gown but it doesn't fit me since I'm a little chubby and it will make me look chubbier since the dress is fluffy.



She told me that this one will look nice on me but there would be additional charges since it has a lot of laces



She told me this one is okay but since I requested her that I should have a short sleeve on my shoulder, it can't look good since the skirt part looks chaotic already and putting details on top would make it over-detailed.



She said that this one can be done if I lose weight, and if I achieve a 27 waist line. I'm actually thinking of a 26 or 25 waist line and if possible 24 so I think this would fit me. Besides, weddimg would still be two years from now haha! I still have a lot of time.


She told me that this one would perfectly fit me!! But, I am thinking this is too simple, although I want simple too. But sometimes, I also want a not-so-simple gown haha!

I personally think that Ms. Maureen has a pretty good deal considering that she doesn't uses cheap materials in making her gowns and her creations are really lovely. And she has a bridal pouch which would really look good on our theme. I think it's really pretty!

I'll put up some of her creations here that I love! Look!


 Okay, maybe not this one! But look! Andi Eigenmann!




See! It's really pretty right?!

I was sure that I'll get her after we met but I guess I have to look around for other couturiers just to compare. Plus, I talked to my highschool friend who's grandma makes gowns. I might get it in a cheaper price, we don't know. Hehe

Oh, I was sad because she didn't gave me an initial sketch. I was hearing that other brides were given initial sketches. Talk about being inggitera haha! But it wasn't a big deal, maybe it's because she thinks I'm young hahaha! :)











1 comment:

  1. Adorable wedding Couture! I wish I could have attended it. Will tie the knot in June this year. Such bridal events are very beneficial in getting great ideas for wedding. I have reserved Chicago wedding venues and would like to have a complete floral decoration.

    ReplyDelete