Tuesday, April 15, 2014

1st Photographer Meeting - Chino Dizon of Shutters and Mirrors




At first, I didn't know that we can meet up with Photo/Video suppliers. I actually am joining some random wedding groups in facebook hoping I'd find some other suppliers. Mr. Chino Dizon, added me way before I asked him if he covers weddings. He told me he does and gave me rates and packages. We actually talked for awhile about the packages. Then we set an appointment so I could see the finish products (albums).

We met at Gateway, Cubao. I was a little nervous because I really haven't researched on what to ask or what to expect in meeting a Wedding Photographer. I think I was not yet prepared on that matter. lol

He and his wife came just a little bit over 1:00pm since they had to park their car. It was nice to talk about the packages, Mr. Chino Dizon was such a breeze to talk to and his wife also. I thought they were just a boyfriend/girlfriend. They look pretty together!

I liked the album and the photos were soft and vibrant. I got interested.

But when I came home and checked his website, the photos were not the style I wanted. I'm not a fan of desaturated pictures, although I used it a lot on my pictures (because I have a crappy camera). His angles and shots were really good though. Here are some of his works:












I tried liking his style and even thought that I will still get the raw pictures and can edit the pictures myself. But I know, that it's very unethical. So I have no choice because of course, we had to choose someone that will fit the style of our wedding theme. So far, I don't have the courage to tell him that we can't get him, what will I tell the reason was? It would be embarassing to tell the truth.

Anyway, I hope I'll have the courage that I needed.


Update: I finally told him that we're looking for other possibilities. I know that he's a talented photographer and a nice supplier, but sometimes we have to look for the "This is it" feeling even in our selected suppliers. ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment