Tuesday, April 8, 2014

2nd Food Tasting: Blu Plates


I attended my first bridal fair last April 5 and 6 at Mega Tradehall 1. It's exclusive of food tasting of Blu Plates Catering. Blu Plates is Chef Velmor's new catering services which is apparently cheaper than PurpleDish Catering. 

The set-up was lovely. It was done by Stylento. Check the pictures out! (sorry for the crappy pics)


 Basic Set-up

 Basic Set-up


Upgraded Set-up

Upgraded Set-up

Lovely right? Personally, I think their basic set-up was already beautiful na. Anyway, the watermarked pictures are from my phone and the others that weren't watermarked are from my cousin's iPod :)

 I don't know if this is one of their basic set-ups but I think it is. 

I forgot to ask if this is a basic or upgraded set-up. :)

 Sunflower!

 Sunflower!!

Sunflower!!!!!!

I am so inlove with sunflowers! I was all giddy staring at it and I really want to keep it na hahaha! It's my favorite kasi. It's so pretty. right?! right?!

Let's go to the food! :) I won't put captions na because the names were already at the picture ha? hehe




This one is a-okay for me. It wasn't that bad at all and I think that it's flavor is unique. I love the dory but I am not a fan of the sauce they used. But I think the taste of this one fits high-end people. :)


This one's a hit! It was kind of weird at first since they used Coca-Cola. I was hesitant to eat it but damn! This one is the best! Haha! It's kind of similar to this one local filipino dish I can't pinpoint since I don;t know the name myself. haha! The beef is very tender and the sauce is just orgasmic. Trust me. Never skip this one. Haha!



Okay! This one is creamy! But it kind of lack taste for me. It's a good kind though. I know people who doesn't love too much flavors on their food and I think they will love this dish! But for me, as a spice fanatic, I think this one lacks taste. Haha

To be honest, I was carefully eating this. I wanted to know whether it really lacks taste. It doesn't. It's just different. Again, I think other people will love and rave about this one.



I honestly can't remember how this goes. Maybe because I was too focused on the coca cola spare ribs and the baked macaroni. haha! :)




My first plate. Since I didn't have a picture of baked macaroni I will put my review here. It is one of my favorite. The pasta was done very well and there wasn't too much sauce. I love overflowing sauce on my pasta's and I usually don't like it when there's not much sauce on it. But this one is an exception. It was flavorful.

Oh. I skipped rice. I don't eat rice during food tastings since I am avoiding the feeling of being bloated after. Hehe 

I honestly think that Chef Velmor's dishes were unique. It may not be good for other people but trust me this one is good. If only Purpledish were'nt having bad reviews lately, they'd be on our top choice. Hehe Anyway, their dishes were really unique. Its the pang-masa type of food but it's something that would be loved by many. 

Cake Station

Cream Puff, Chocolate Cake and Pistachio Sansrival Cake

Cream Puff was nice and creamy, Chocolate cake is the best!It's moist and really yummy, the pistachio sansrival was a-okay. I know mom and my aunt will love this hahaha!

Overall, it was really good. I recommend it to bride-to-be's who seeks for an affordable yet unique food tastes. I now believe that chef velmor has the talent to balance flavors in every dish. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment